Adapted from a Martha Stewart recipe
1 1/2 lbs. ground chuck, cooked and drain grease.
* I prepare all my ground beef this way. I microwave it.
Put into dish break up and cook. Then drain the grease.
Crumble your beef. Easy, easy way to prepare gr. beef.
I've cooked ground beef this way for years. Plus you
can do this ahead and freeze. Use for tacos, spaghetti,
chili etc. OR, you can cook it in the pan as you're
preparing the dish.
1 Tbsp. Canola or Vegetable oil
1/2 medium onion diced
1/2 green pepper chopped fine ( if you want less, use1/4)
1 celery stalk diced
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
pinch of salt and pepper
1 can (15oz.) tomato sauce
1/4 cup ketsup
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
1. In large skillet, heat the oil and add onions, green pepper,
and celery. Stir frequently and cook till soft, 5-7 minutes.
2. Add ground beef (remember I cooked mine already) if you
haven't then cook it now with the veggies. The ground beef
should be crumbled fine. (ground chuck less grease)
3. Stir in the rest of ingredients.
4. Simmer, stir occasionally, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
5. Serve immediately or just put into a bowl, put in fridge and
heat it up later.
-Can freeze, just let thaw, then reheat.
See picture above, it should look like that.
Will make 5 big sandwiches (buns)
Taste so good. Not tangy or to spicy.